Creating audios for your videos has never been easier.
A simple webcam mic and free Audacity audio editing software is all that it takes.
Tools & Resources:
- Blue Snowflake Microphone Website Here – For your information, I use a cool computer microphone called Blue Snowflake, and can be found at most electronic stores for under $100.
- Free Audacity Audio Editing Software (PPC & Mac)
Click on the image below for a overview of Audacity Audio Software
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-audioaudacity.mp4′ a=left i=’Video 1: Audacity Overview & Settings’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video 1: Audacity Overview & Settings’]
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/audacity-noisereduction.mp4′ i=’Video 2: Adding Audacity Noise Reduction’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video 2: Adding Audacity Noise Reduction’]
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/audacity-exporting.mp4′ i=’Video 3: Exporting Audio’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video 3: Exporting Audio’]
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-sonystoryboardaudio.mp4′ a=left i=’Video 4: Tips To Recording Your Script Using Audacity’ w=800 h=600 t=Video 4: ‘Tips To Recording Your Script Using Audacity’]
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/sonystoryboard3.mp4′ a=left i=’Video 5: Importing & Adding Video Assets To Your Audio Timeline’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video 5: Importiting & Adding Video Assets To Your Audio Timeline’]
If you are making an Audio For A Slide Presentations you want to to follow this process:
– Type out your script in a Word Document
– Read and record your voice using Audacity or some other audio editing software. (see Resources in Intro. module)
– Edit your Audio track by:
- Cutting out unnecessary audio clips
- Compressing your audio file (do not ‘normalize) – normally in the Effects>Dynamic>Compressor section of your audio editor
- Make sure the “Limiter” feature is “on” as you do not want your audio to be in the red, which is above ‘0 db.’
- Use The Gain (or Amplify) feature to now raise your entire track to “0 db.”
- Your entire track should be between -6 and 0 for best results
- Rendor or Export your final audio to .wav (microsoft) or .aaif (apple) format (fyi – mp3 is compressed)
4. Make your slides in Powerpoint or Open Office Impress uing a PC or Keynote in Mac.
5. While listening to your audio file, screen capture your Slide Presentation and scroll through the slides in sync with the audio.
Click on the image for a video on how to add a audio mp3 to a wordpress blog
- [viddy f=’https://audiotraining20101118.s3.amazonaws.com/addingaudio.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: MP3 To Podcast on WordPress Blog’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: MP3 To Podcast on WordPress Blog’]