In this section, we go over the most popular ways to get your videos online.
I. Upload Your Videos To Video Sharing Sites (or what I call, “3rd party sites”) For Maximum Exposure
There is literally a ton of video sharing sites to upload your videos these days for exposure and traffic. They key is “targeted traffic.”
If you are wanting your videos that you upload to 3rd party sites to be in the search engines of Google, then you will want to use Youtube, Daily Motion, Google Video, and Vimeo. I have found these videos sharing sites to have the most strength in the search engines, with Youtube being the top (obviously, since it is owned by Google).
When I first started online, I uploaded my videos to as many different video sites as possible. Use different Title and Description variations when you upload the same video to multiple sites. What is even better is changing the video file name (slightly) for each of the video sharing sites. I realize this is not possible using automation tools, but if you are doing it manually (as I often do), then you surely want to change the video file names.
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/tubemogul-pixelpipe.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: Pixel Pipe & Tube Mogul Video Blasting’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: Pixel Pipe & Tube Mogul Video Blasting’]
Pixel Pipe and Tube Mogul offer a free service whereby you can upload your video to their site and then they will distribute (or blast) your video to a multitude of video sharing sites…all on autopilot. I believe with both of these services, your video will be sent to 50+ video sharing sites.
Username/Password Tip: You have to register and set up a profile at all different video sharing sites first. Use the same username and password for video sharing site. If you are making a few different accounts each, then pick easy to remember names like “keyword1, keyword2, keyword3, etc….” Keep your password simple to remember too.
Profile SEO Tip: When you fill out your profile at all these different video sharing sites, you want to:
- Put your website links on the profile page;
- Copy the URL of your profile page and save it in a notepad file;
- Look for the rss feed of your profile or username page.
Most video sharing sites now have an rss feed attached to every username or profile. For example, Youtube has a rss feed for your channel. You want to copy the rss feed of each of your profiles, and save this to a notepad. You will be using the Profile URL and RSS URL later on.
II. Take The Embed Code Of Your Videos From 3rd Party Video Sharing Sites And Place It On Your Blogs And Websites.
There is a whole lot of benefit of putting your streaming videos from video sharing sites on your blogs, websites, squidoo lens’, hubpages, etc… The more people watch, the more views you get, and the more views, the higher rankings, the more tweets, the more Facebook Likes, etc., until your video starts to become viral.
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-getvideosonline-embed.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: Using Embed Code From Video Sharing Sites’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: Using Embed Code From Video Sharing Sites’]
- Youtube Player Parameter Settings
In the video above we explain how to use the embed code to place videos onto your website, and the cool Youtube player parameter options.
- Bonus: Youtube Embed Code Trick For Sales Presentations – Click Here For Complete Presentation
- HTML Code – Click Here
In the video and HTML code above I explain how to use Youtube to play videos on your websites and have them looking just like the pros, with no control bar, autostart, and no recommended videos at the end.
Youtube now gives you the ability to customize your player and even have a player list like the following:
The opportunities here are endless. Have a online course to generate interest, leads, and business. Give away some great free content, a video series with lessons, and you will attract a following.
III. Put Self Hosted Videos On Your Self Hosted Domains
By “self hosted videos,” I mean videos that are hosted on your server, or amazonS3 (not embed code taken from 3rd party video sites).
Now we get into the nuts and bolts of putting self hosted flash videos (flv, mp4, wmv, avi) onto your website. There are a few ways, and I will go over the players and coding that I use.
** For following Video Players Are Supported By Google Video Sitemap (GVS)**
A. WordPress Only Video Players – There are a couple of video player plugins that I use with must success and makes the entire process very easy. Watch the videos for examples on how to do this.
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-getonline-flashvideoplayer.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: Flash Video Player WP Plugin’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: Flash Video Player WP Plugin’]
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-getonline-flowplayer.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: Flow Player WP Plugin’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: Flow Player WP Plugin’]
- Click Here For Flash Video Player WP Plugin Download
- Click Here For FlowPlayer WP Plugin Download
B. Any (X)HTML Webpage: JW Video Player – The JW Player is the most commonly used video players on the market today. You can use this player on any (x)html website, which includes a static webpage, or wordpress, joomla, etc…
To use the JW Player, LongTailVideo has created a “Setup Wizard” that walks you through the entire process. They key to making it work it that you have to download and upload a couple files to your root folder on your domain. In the video below I being you through the entire process, including a couple links to the wizard and the player files.
- [viddy f=’http://dom-video-mod2.s3.amazonaws.com/dv/domvideo-mod2-getonline-longtailvideo.mp4′ a=left i=’Video: Using Long Tail Video Wizard’ w=800 h=600 t=’Video: Using Long Tail Video Wizard’]
- Setup Wizard – Long Tail Video Website
- Download Here JW Media Player Files – From Long Tail Video Website (zip)
C. “Must Have” Premium Video Players – the following are premium video players that many internet marketers use, and that I use.
If you are serious as a internet marketer and starting to put some sales into your pocket, you want to get these two premium players. They will help you make more sales. Seriously. And, it makes your life a whole lot easier as a video marketer.
- Viddymatic Player – this is probably one of my favorite video players, and I use it a lot. In fact, every time you click on one of my links on this page, a player pops us with a video. This is a viddymatic player that I am using. There are many more features and to find out more you can visit the link provided.
Important Note: While Viddymatic and Easy Video Player are supported by the Google Video Sitemap and XML, you must remember that these two players use Java code, and thus, Google has a harder time finding your videos. I use these two premium players when I am not looking for traffic from Google or the search engines, but I sent traffic via my list, or to play my videos inside my membership sites…like this one.